Paul is President and CEO of Planetworks and a veteran IT consultant with 30+ years of experience specializing in IT/network strategies, business case analysis, program management, business application design, and the technical delivery of integrated systems.
Prior to joining Planetworks, Paul established a successful software development and IT consultancy firm in his native UK.
Over the course of his career, he has managed major IT and telecommunications projects in a variety of industries, including finance (retail and investment banking), international development, energy, public safety, community networks, transportation, insurance, education and healthcare. This multi-industry experience has allowed Paul to help clients navigate the daunting process of solving complex IT issues in a sustainable and cost-effective manner.
Paul specializes in the implementation of secure solutions including assessment and implementation of multi-factor authentication, federated identity management, network segmentation, white-listing, secure vendor access, and systematic infrastructure monitoring and upgrade policies. Paul’s team provides security upgrade services on existing systems and implementation of new services with security as a core requirement.
Paul’s team also implements custom and off-the shelf software solutions, both on-premise and Amazon/AWS cloud solutions. Most applications involve database solutions, user identity integration and business intelligence outputs.
Recent project highlights:
- developed reporting solutions for tracking community benefits of major infrastructure projects
- developed various global networking and capacity delivery models for various United Nations agencies
- developed a Unified Communications strategy and procurement documentation for a large provincial school board
- developed the operational architecture and management systems design, and implemented significant security upgrades for telecom communications systems at one of the largest public utility organizations in British Columbia
- provided project management and technical advisory services for the implementation of identity management solutions for a police records and data management organization
- provided business requirements, business case services, project management, design and development team leadership for an integrated regional transportation solution
- Paul received a BSc. and Master of Engineering Honours Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from University of Bath, UK.