Paul is President and CEO of Planetworks and a veteran IT consultant with 30+ years of experience specializing in IT/network strategies, business case analysis, program management, business application design, and the technical delivery of integrated systems.
Prior to joining Planetworks, Paul established a successful software development and IT consultancy firm in his native UK.
Over the course of his career, he has managed major IT and telecommunications projects in a variety of industries, including finance (retail and investment banking), international development, energy, public safety, community networks, transportation, insurance, education and healthcare. This multi-industry experience has allowed Paul to help clients navigate the daunting process of solving complex IT issues in a sustainable and cost-effective manner.
Paul specializes in the implementation of secure solutions including assessment and implementation of multi-factor authentication, federated identity management, network segmentation, white-listing, secure vendor access, and systematic infrastructure monitoring and upgrade policies. Paul’s team provides security upgrade services on existing systems and implementation of new services with security as a core requirement.
Paul’s team also implements custom and off-the shelf software solutions, both on-premise and Amazon/AWS cloud solutions. Most applications involve database solutions, user identity integration and business intelligence outputs.
Recent project highlights:
- developed reporting solutions for tracking community benefits of major infrastructure projects
- developed various global networking and capacity delivery models for various United Nations agencies
- developed a Unified Communications strategy and procurement documentation for a large provincial school board
- developed the operational architecture and management systems design, and implemented significant security upgrades for telecom communications systems at one of the largest public utility organizations in British Columbia
- provided project management and technical advisory services for the implementation of identity management solutions for a police records and data management organization
- provided business requirements, business case services, project management, design and development team leadership for an integrated regional transportation solution
When away from his workstation and multitude of computer screens, you can find Paul at his kids’ sporting events, playing squash, mountain biking, and skiing on the North Shore.
Paul received a BSc. and Master of Engineering Honours Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from University of Bath, UK.